Regulations for the Use of S.i.Tri. and Tricoitalia Trademarks
Art. 1 – Regulation Purpose and Objective
- The present rules pertain to the regulation of the use of the S.I.Tri.® (or SITri®), the initials that indicate “The Italian Society for Hair Science and Restoration” whose members are exclusively Medical Physicians and Surgeons, and the trademark TRICOITALIA®, initials that indicate “The Italian Association of Trichology” whose members are Biologist, Pharmacists, Nurses, Chemists, Technicians, Hairstylists, operators without university degrees, and Estheticians who work in the sector of Trichology.
- In particular, the regulations establish how the above trademarks may be managed and used, how concessions relative to their use are obtained, as well as the system of controls established to safeguard the institutional and scientific value of the trademark and to assure the correct use of the trademarks by members and third parties.
Art. 2 – Description of the trademarks
- The trademark “S.I.Tri.” is formed of letters gray in color with a stylized hair follicle symbol in orange at the center.
- The “Tricoitalia” trademark consists of black letters preceded by the symbol of a microscope.
Art. 3 – Ownership and Use of the Trademarks
- The right to use the trademarks “S.I.Tri.” and “Tricoitalia” is the exclusive property of the the Italian Society for Hair Science and Restoration.
- It is forbidden, even for members of the Italian Society for Hair Science and Restoration, to use said trademarks in any way, shape or form, or towards any objective without the express authorization from the Italian Society for Hair Science and Restoration, in particular from the Directive Committee which manages and oversees the correct use of the trademarks.
- Members of the Italian Society for Hair Science and Restoration (S.I.Tri.), who have degrees in Medicine and Surgery and who have demonstrated a certain interest in Trichology based on certified attendance at specific sessions of specialized Conferences and/or have published papers on the topic, and who also are up to date with their membership dues, can make a request to the Directive Committee for the use the “S.I.Tri.” trademark, specifying how the trademark will be used.
- Members of the Italian Association of Trichology (Tricoitalia), who operate in the Trichology field as university graduates or not, and who are up to date with their membership dues, can make a request to the Directive Committee for the use the “Tricoitalia” trademark, specifying how the trademark will be used.
Art. 4 – General Principles for Trademark Use
- In cases where the Directive Committee has authorized trademark use for a member, the trademark may be used only according to the Directive Committee’s authorization, in line with the following general principles:
- The validity of the authorization is subject to the correct and punctual payment of membership dues;
- The authorization from the Directive Committee is intended to be strictly tied and connected to the actual request made by the member and does not give exclusive rights to the member nor permit the appropriation of said trademark or similar logo;
- The use of the trademark, whose visibility must be guaranteed, must be used in such a way as to promote and give value to what it stands for;
- The use of the trademark must be in accordance with the principles and objectives of the Italian Society for Hair Science and Restoration or the license for trademark use will be immediately revoked;
- The trademark cannot be used for purposes that are illegal, defamatory, fraudulent or in any way damaging to the rights of others or contrary to law and/or regulations;
- When using the trademark, confusion and/or association with other trademarks, names, signs, IP addresses, domain names and/or intellectual property rights or industrial third party rights must be avoided;
- The licensed user of the trademark is the sole responsible party for the use of the trademark and therefore the Italian Society for Hair Science and Restoration is not responsible for the trademark’s use under the licensed user;
- The Italian Society for Hair Science and Restoration and any member of the Directive Committee can verify and monitor the correct use of the trademark and has the power to immediately revoke the license if it is found that the trademark is being used in a non-authorized manner or in violation of the principles and objectives of the Italian Society for Hair Science and Restoration.